This Policy Privacy explains how Hugstory treats the information received relating to its Users’ activity on the Web site.
Types of information received
Hugstory collects two types of information on Users: personal information and non-personal information. This information is collected notably when the User :
- participates in a contest or promotion ;
- requests information on Hugstory products and services ;
- sends Hugstory questions or comments ;
- navigates the Web site ;
- purchases products and services.
Collecting personal information on the Web site
Hugstory may collect personal information on Users when doing so relates to the use of the Web site.
‘‘Personal information’’ is information which identifies physical persons, such as their name, contact information, address, email, telephone number, bill number, financial information, etc. Hugstory collects personal information when Users agree to provide it upon subscribing with Hugstory, notably when they decide to subscribe to a newsletter, when purchasing products or services or when submitting a request via the Web site. Hugstory may also receive personal information of its commercial partners or other third parties, on the condition that these third parties confirm that the User authorized them to share this information.
Using personal information
Hugstory treats the personal information of all persons it interacts with seriously. Hugstory strictly limits the collecting of personal information to that required for conducting business.
Only the person authorized by Hugstory has access to personal information. These employees are informed by Hugstory of their obligation to keep this personal information confidential.
Hugstory can use the personal information collected on the Web for the following purposes:
- providing products and services or information requested by the Users, to communicate with them in order to respond to a question, for internal quality assurance or to maintain the quality of the information provided by way of the Web site ;
- to inform Users about news, updates, information or special offers regarding Hugstory products and services, but the sending of these electronic messages is done in compliance with so-called anti-spam laws and the User can, at any time, ask Hugstory to remove their address from Hugstory’s electronic message sending list ;
- Hugstory can also use the personal information if it has reasonable cause to believe it can be used for an inquest regarding the violation of a federal, provincial or foreign law, or to ensure the protection or defense of a legal interest.
Saving personal information
Hugstory saves the personal information it collects as long as it is deemed necessary for conducting business.
Upon a User’s request, Hugstory may erase any personal information regarding the Hugstory broadcasting plan once a User’s membership in the Hugstory broadcasting plan has been terminated. For this, the User must contact Hugstory’s customer service via email.
Communicating personal information
Hugstory agrees not to render public, sell, rent or share personal information to any third party.
Hugstory will only communicate personal information to a third party in the following circumstances :
- the User expressly authorizes Hugstory to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose ;
- the third parties in question act on behalf of Hugstory as agents or suppliers of goods or services, and the information is communicated directly to them in order to improve the services rendered by Hugstory. These third parties respect the strict contractual provisions which require them to maintain the confidentiality of all information and to use them only for purposes related to the providing of Hugstory products or services ;
- in compliance with the provisions that apply to a Hugstory service or to the sale of products, to facilitate the rendering of the service in question or the sale of products, namely for the purpose of satisfying legal obligations ;
- if Hugstory is obligated to provide personal information in response to a properly authorized judicial order, to subpoena documents, to an inquest by authorities, or when such is otherwise required by law. Hugstory also reserves the right to inform authorities of the law of any activity Hugstory truthfully believes to be illegal. Hugstory may communicate certain personal information when it deems such communication to be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, the goods or the security of a third party as well as that of Hugstory or to ensure the User’s obligations to Hugstory are upheld.
Security of personal information
Hugstory takes the security and protection of personal information seriously. Hugstory takes the technical, contractual and administrative measures and necessary materials for protecting personal information the User provides, including the encryption of a secure exchange (Secure Socket Layer – SSL), when required. While it is impossible to guarantee full protection and that Hugstory cannot be held responsible in the event of theft, illegal use or unauthorized divulging, loss, alteration or destruction of the personal information by a third party, Hugstory has adopted rigorous methods with strict security standards to ensure the protection of personal information.
In order to protect the integrity of data transmitted when submitting your payment online, Hugstory has put in place a number of security measures. All transactions performed are numbered when transferring between the intermediary of the payment and your computer. Each session is automatically deactivated once the transaction is complete. Despite this, do not leave a session open without surveillance. Always close your screen or your declaration session before abandoning the computer, even if you plan on returning in a few minutes.
Access to personal information and modifications
The User may access their personal information for the purposes of consulting, updating or modifying it by communicating with Hugstory at the following email address: info@Hugstory.com
You can also contact Hugstory at the following address:
10400, rue Renaude-Lapointe
Montréal (Québec) H1J 2V7
Hugstory takes the necessary precautions to comply with applicable laws concerning privacy of minors. The content of the Web site is aimed at a general audience and not minors. Hugstory will therefore not seek to collect personal information from minors without the verified consent of the parental authority or otherwise according to what the law permits. If at any time you believe Hugstory is doing so, please let us know.
Collecting personal information
Regarding the use of its Web site, Hugstory may collect the personal information of its Users.
“Non-personal information’’ is information such as Internet domain (for example, “companyabc.com”) and the Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to access the Web site, the date and time of visit, the pages visited, the type and version of web browser or the operating system used by a User as well as the web site the User just accessed and which they will access. General information, such as demographic statistics about the Users, number of visits and average time spent using the Web site are also considered non-personal information.
Hugstory collects and obtains non-personal information regarding the use of its Web site. For example, when a User chooses to visit the Web site, the servers may automatically collect non-personal information provided via a web browser or stored in a cookie, or in another digital format.
Using non-personal information
Hugstory uses non-personal information for following up on a visit to the Web site and for improving use, performing statistical analyses on the overall characteristics and habits of Users, measuring the demographic variables and interests of Users relating to specific products and services, describing these products or services to a third party and potential business partners, and determining how and where the application of Hugstory resources can be used most effectively. No personal information is divulged regarding these activities.
This non-personal information is necessary in order for Hugstory to collect the personal information required for counting the number of visitors, most visited pages, technology used by the customers of the Web site, sourcing sites and Users’ home countries.
Cookies are fragments of information sent through the User’s computer when they consult a web site. They are recorded, temporarily or permanently, on hard drives, therefore leaving a record of the visit. This information can include such things as the date and time of the User’s last visit. Cookies can also improve the online experience by recording browser preferences for a particular web site.
Cookies folders saved on the hard drive are inoffensive and can be read and deleted at any time. As such, the User has total control. This information regards the total number of visitors to a Web site as well as the duration of these visits. When the User consults a Web site, a cookie is created and saved on their computer, which allows Hugstory to “recognize’’ a User each time they consult the Web site.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites
Questions, comments or suggestions